Wednesday, October 1, 2014

" The only disability in life is a bad attitude"

There are so many people I know who go about their day complaining, and being a pessimist, all of which include me. The only individuals I have met who live everyday with positivity, kindness and a good attitude despite their circumstances are the friends I have who happen to have a disability. So why do we judge, tease, stare, and ridicule those who have a disability? If anything they should be reflecting those actions toward us because of our bad attitudes, but the difference is that they don't. That is one thing I've noticed that IS different between people who have disabilities and those who don't. They accept us for who we are, appreciate us, and don't judge us on our appearance. It seems that those who deal with the most adversity are the most accepting even though they may not receive acceptance themselves. They are not bitter, they are sweet; like a creamy cup of coffee. I think we should be observing their actions, adapting to their outlook on life, and learning from them because at the end of the day we could all use a cup of DisabliliTea.

With Love, 
Brittney 

No comments:

Post a Comment