Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mr and Miss Empowerment Pageant 2016

The Mr and Miss Empowerment Pageant is a pageant I put on for individuals with disabilities. There are no words to express how this event made me feel. It is a feeling that will stay with me forever. This feeling comes from watching these individuals defy their disability and them showing the community why they are worthy of love, respect, and acceptance. Each man and woman that competed blew me away with their ability to answer questions on stage, show off their beauty and showcase their talent. Some of them even faced their fears! It was such a joy to watch them shine and to go through this journey with them. I have never met a group of individuals more kind and supportive and you could see this during the crowning. You could tell that everyone was proud of what they had accomplished. Here are some photos of the pageant and I hope these provide you with a feeling. A feeling of hope for our future, a feeling of motivation to end the stereotypes, and a feeling of pure joy knowing that we are heading in a positive direction. I am so proud. 











































































































No comments:

Post a Comment