Monday, December 8, 2014

Change Begins with One

Hello!
I am so excited to share with you all of the great things that have been in the works for the S.I.F.F. (Allies for Inclusion) Club, as well as in the advocacy and awareness for those with disabilities. A while back Western's inclusion club had a movie night in a classroom on campus where we watched Despicable Me. It was so much fun, and the classroom environment felt very incisive, supportive, and warm. After the movie, a club member was doing interviews in order to make a promotional video for the club. Sydney and I both interviewed and she was even wearing a cowgirl hat (shown in the pictures below)!
More opportunities have arisen in fostering inclusion. The S.I.F.F. Club had their Annual Christmas Party open to anyone and everyone who wanted to eat, have fun, and be i the christmas spirit. I unfortunately wasn't able to make it this year because of work (I know, work)....but I think getting others involved is even more important. I was also contacted by a reporter with Western Front, and was able to participate in a phone interview. This interview focused on the S.I.F.F. Club, how Sydney and I met, Sydney and I's relationship, my thoughts and background with the cause, etc. It was incredible to be able to share my ideas and thoughts on this issue and to have my voice want to be heard. They also contacted Sydney to do an interview as well. This should be in the Western Front soon, and when it appears I'll be sure to share it. I'm just as excited and nervous as you probably are!

Happy Holidays,
Brittney 

No comments:

Post a Comment